Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting service suggests hoarding and/or sharing certain web content on a web hosting server hosted by a website hosting vendor. There are different classes of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's examine these. In that way, you can pick what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to build a blog, e-mail accounts, or to share files with friends and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by some providers, which enables you to share large files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only aim is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting packages frequently involve adverts next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a given period of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file storage account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a completely wrong explanation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would assign the load between different groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous web site hosting services (mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a type of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; certain suppliers offer a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting variant is suitable if you wish to share a great number of pics with comrades or partners since the solution is mostly free of charge. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to tackling your email address accounts. Some firms provide site hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an email hosting solution. If you would like to get a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to own a website, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can set up e-mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video clips and several hundred site visitors, you may have difficulty with your website hosting reserves. Embedding the video will permit you to own as many video files as you would like without hassling about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to keep a website. To a certain degree, it involves all of the aforementioned hosting types since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and mail addresses, upload videos, etc. At TOP IT TECH, for instance, you can explore web hosting and dedicated server hosting services that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one location. There may be limits based on the form of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your website hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the conventional e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are designed for particular web content exclusively.